Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is dedicated to the members & supporters of Street Outlawz

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking to open my own shop.

Go down 
+2
Steve
Pontiackid87
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

Number of posts : 512
Vehicle : 2006 N/A 5 speed solstice/ 87 Fiero GT/ 84 DGP IMSA Fiero/ 84 Fiero auto/ 1988 Turbocharged Formula.
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Looking to open my own shop. Empty
PostSubject: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Well today i was laied off due to lack of work at my company so im looking to go into business for myself. Im going to start out small like detaling, Sound systems, basic repair, And slowley make my way up to custom preformance and body works. Im learning a loty through these fieros and i already have a 3 bay shop in mind. Im going to be looking for a couple of (1 or 2) people to work with me there. If I go through with this we will all have to have the understading that while working business is business we can have fun but we do need to be generating an income along with it. And also during business hours i dont want the whole car club just showing up and chillin there the whole day. After hours yea we might be able to have it as our little hangout but we cannot get out of hand roudey or noisy. The garage has a big parking lot 3 bays, an office area and I beleave a pretty nice sized basement. Of corse the bays office and loby will be for business purposes during the day. I have 2 options for the basement. 1 is going to be a partial showroom for our products, and the other half a place for us to chill after hours. Or we might be able to make the whole basement a chill area. As stated before during the day it is strictley business I dont want anyone showing up and spending hours at the shop not doig anything. During work hours your either going to be there to work or be there as a customer.

Rules will be
(1) no excessive or loud noise.
We will be in a com/residental area and we dont need any loud music or mufflers outside of demonstration to the customer

(2) Business is business
Im your friend outside of work but while there im your manager and expect to be treated like one. I dont ask much just that you stay busy and have fun and learn along the way. If you need help ask

(3) This is not your home
Afterhours I dont want anyone staying the night there (sleeping over) i dont ming hanging out late ill probabley zone it as a 24 Hour operation so we can be there but you cannot sleep there

(4) This is not a bar
I dont want any excessive drinking going on here. I dont mind a couple of beers off the clock but I dont want you getting shitty in my place of business.

(5) This is not a charrity
I dont mine sponsering our club or use of equiment out of work hours but this is not going to be a charrity. Do not expect free stuff or work done to your vehical. I dont mind helping someone fix somthing on there car during off clock hours but during the day if your tieing up my lift your tieing up my moeny and you will be charged for use of it.

(6) This is not a pay by the hour motel
I dont want any freeky sh*t going on in my shop. Sure if were hangin out there at night and no customers are present i might let you do what you gota do but on a very rare occasion.

(7) this is my business
This is going to be my job my business my bread and butter. Unless otherwise stated the money made by this shop will have nothing to do with the street outlawz car club unless raised by an outside fundraiser Car shows and other events or contributions out of your own paycheck.

(8 ) dont be an asshole
This shop is going to be a professional retail store. I dont want to hear of any street racing burnouts drifting or just people being plain flat out a$$holes in my parking lot or anywhere around the area of the shop. This is a somewhat quiet area and i dont want to turn this area into gasoliene alley.

Avide by these and yet to be posted rules and we might just have ourselves a nice shop and place to chill at and i might be able to provide a handfull of us with jobs as the shop gets bigger.

The people I choose to hire must have a genral knolege about cars. (Radio install Graphic's speekers systems basic engine bolt up's and wrench turning) Nothing personal but if you cant do the work yourself I dont need ya. If theres weling grinding or cutting involved if you cant do it leave it up to me.

I might asl have a kind of oncall employment. This will be the kind of thing where ill call you up if were in a bind and need an extra hand (good way to make a few bucks) I wont have you doing anything you can do. Basicley getting tools assisting the employees or cleaning out cars. You know easy cake work.

Im going to talk to a few car dealerships in my area about getting contracted to do there used car detailing. This would mean when they get a used car that there going to keep they would send it to us and have it cleaned and detailed for the sales lot. Detailing will be our main cash flow on top of other work.

What you all think?
Back to top Go down
Steve
Founder
Founder
Steve

Number of posts : 1247
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx SR20DET
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 pm

I'll talk to later about this.
Back to top Go down
RB Car Customs
noob
RB Car Customs

Number of posts : 2
Vehicle : Too Many To List ...
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:02 am

Hey Rick whatever happen with this idea ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rbcarcustoms.com
Chris_W
Sergeant at Arms
Sergeant at Arms
Chris_W

Number of posts : 561
Vehicle : 1999 Cavalier
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 am

lol...
Back to top Go down
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

Number of posts : 512
Vehicle : 2006 N/A 5 speed solstice/ 87 Fiero GT/ 84 DGP IMSA Fiero/ 84 Fiero auto/ 1988 Turbocharged Formula.

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Kind went down the drain... i dont really have the patince for it right now.
Back to top Go down
Smalblok355
Supporter
Smalblok355

Number of posts : 13
Vehicle : 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo SuperSport
Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Rick get at me it's Joe(shows up with the older white haired guy to the meet son sundays) the guy who mentioned bout getting you that possiblew parts car fiero...i got the guy's number and there's a chance you got it for free.........here my email bad86montess@verizon.net

Steve and Adam know who i be.......I am Steve's tire sponser!
Back to top Go down
636chris
Secretary
Secretary

Number of posts : 133
Vehicle : 94 formula firebird m6

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 pm

i need a job
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/deadskater
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to open my own shop.   Looking to open my own shop. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to open my own shop.
Page 1 of 1