Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is dedicated to the members & supporters of Street Outlawz

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

Number of posts : 512
Vehicle : 2006 N/A 5 speed solstice/ 87 Fiero GT/ 84 DGP IMSA Fiero/ 84 Fiero auto/ 1988 Turbocharged Formula.
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:20 am

Well over the past few days i have seen i need to get somthing practal to drive in the snow. My firebird is right now stranded at julias house and cant even get out of her driveway. So I was looking around tonight at a 4WD or AWD vehical and heres what I have on the table. If I go with a truck im thinking between a Chevy Avalanche,
Cadillac Escalade EXT (caddys version of the avalanche) silverado SS or RST,
The one car's i have on the table are a WRX or a mercedes C class 4 matic.
Back to top Go down
chaz01gt

Number of posts : 209
Vehicle : 01 Eclipse GT / 98 Eclipse GS-T / 04 Avalanche / 08 Mailibu LT
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 am

Dont u need a job to get another car/truck, lol! Just fuckin with u Rick! Why dont u just get a used SUV and be on ur way! U dont need something like a New truck, like u said just something to get around in the bad weather!
Back to top Go down
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

Vehicle : 2006 N/A 5 speed solstice/ 87 Fiero GT/ 84 DGP IMSA Fiero/ 84 Fiero auto/ 1988 Turbocharged Formula.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:54 am

chaz01gt wrote:
Dont u need a job to get another car/truck, lol! Just fuckin with u Rick! Why dont u just get a used SUV and be on ur way! U dont need something like a New truck, like u said just something to get around in the bad weather!

Ya it aint gona be new. Im thinkin about getting the same truck you have. I was also looking at the escalade version of it and they are very close in price and miles and options that im looking for.
Back to top Go down
TurboLoverGal
TurboLoverGal

Number of posts : 98
Vehicle : 2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T xwd sedan
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 pm

John and I have been batting around the idea of getting a used (like mid-'70s) pickup or SUV to tool around in snow with and build up. They're ridiculously cheap compared to cars to work on and build. I found a few already in the $100-3000 range that were quite nice. Some more so than others. Hit up craigslist, you might find some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 pm

TurboLoverGal wrote:
John and I have been batting around the idea of getting a used (like mid-'70s) pickup or SUV to tool around in snow with and build up. They're ridiculously cheap compared to cars to work on and build. I found a few already in the $100-3000 range that were quite nice. Some more so than others. Hit up craigslist, you might find some good stuff.

Not looking for somthing that old. I need somthing i can drtive daily be reliable and be newer. Right now im leaning to the escalade.
Back to top Go down
TurboLoverGal
TurboLoverGal

Number of posts : 98
Vehicle : 2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T xwd sedan
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Those are awesome. If you decide on one, check with John. You're a good friend; I'm sure he'd help you find a good affordable Escalade.
Back to top Go down
chaz01gt

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

I wouldnt get a Escalade if i were u! THey are really expensive for parts and its not worth it! The Avalanche is the same truck minus the Cadillac emblem! The NIG in u wants the Escalade, lol! Get a Silverado or something more practical, its goin to be a truck that u use for daily use, getting a Huge truck like that, is not practical! Trust me, I have the experience, its costs me bout $85+ to fill up and I get roughly 16MPG city and 24MPG highway! U are always driving in the city, our area and it will kill u on gas! U should get a nice used SUV that is a 4/6 cylinder and AWD or 4WD! Im thinkin bout trading my truck in b/c of this, buts its just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Chris_W
Sergeant at Arms
Sergeant at Arms
Chris_W

Number of posts : 561
Vehicle : 1999 Cavalier
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 pm

you should get a rav 4... lol!
Back to top Go down
chaz01gt

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm

He should get a PONTIAC, o wait they went out of business, lol! The best Dealer ever! Time for him to jump on the IMPORT banwaggon! He was lookin at a Subaru!
Back to top Go down
Chris_W
Sergeant at Arms
Sergeant at Arms
Chris_W

Number of posts : 561
Vehicle : 1999 Cavalier
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:31 pm

lol...constantly putting down foreign cars then wants to get one..hahaha get the fuck outta here
Back to top Go down
chaz01gt

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 am

^lol! He wanted to get an Eclipse like mine before!
Back to top Go down
Steve
Founder
Founder
Steve

Number of posts : 1247
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx SR20DET
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 am

Get one of these. Their great on gas & its in your price range ROTFL

Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. Funny-pictures-mexican-suv-jRD
Back to top Go down
Pontiackid87
Pontiackid87

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 am

Steve wrote:
Get one of these. Their great on gas & its in your price range ROTFL

Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. Funny-pictures-mexican-suv-jRD

Hmm and it moves faster than your 240 ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL lol! lol! lol! lol! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
chaz01gt

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 am

^.....lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve
Founder
Founder
Steve

Number of posts : 1247
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx SR20DET
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 am

lol rick actually made a good funny come back for once. Just wait until I get the 240 running. FU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.   Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about trading in the firebird this summer.
Page 1 of 1